IHELC meeting: Horizon scanning
- 03 December 2020
- 9.00am - 10.30am
This event is only open to in-house lawyers who either specialise exclusively in or undertake a significant proportion of employment work.
As this extraordinary year draws to a close, the next meeting of our In-house Employment Lawyers Club will focus on looking to the future. We’ll be covering:
- Brexit – what is it likely to mean for employment law?
- Employment law developments in 2021 – many proposals and initiatives were put on hold in 2020, so what can we expect if the government starts releasing the brakes? What’s going to be in the promised Employment Bill? Which big court decisions are we anticipating and what might the impact be? And is everyone ready for IR35 (again)?
- Employment Tribunals in 2021 – following recent changes to the rules, what can we expect if facing an ET claim next year? How will the process be different?
- Hiring in a headcount freeze – with options like platform/freelance contracts more tightly regulated than they were after the last recession, what are the contracting solutions for employers operating under cost restraints?
- The value of a vaccine – how will it impact your business and what are the employment law issues?