Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Environmental, social and governance issues are currently one of the biggest priorities for all organisations around the world.
Driven by a collective desire to create a sustainable and responsible world, good ESG practices have increasingly become a key consideration for an organisation’s investors, customers and their people. Furthermore, embedding strong ESG values within a business has shown to have a positive impact on the ability to attract and retain people, further a company’s brand value and increase innovation.
We support clients in developing their ideas and enabling a positive change in their environment and communities. We work with our clients to deliver their ESG agendas, understanding their corporate strategy, managing risk and opportunities and maximising possibilities.
Drawing on our experience of working with innovative and creative businesses and some of the world’s largest employers, as well as our own internal ESG experiences, we can help you:
- Enhance your environmental practices, marketing and policies to complement and protect your internal and external brand
- Develop working practices that anticipate and meet people’s evolving and diverse interests, needs and ideas
- Establish and maintain rigorous governance procedures across your business to protect your future
Find out more about how we can help businesses keep up to date with the rapidly evolving legislative ESG space:
- Environmental: What are the environmental impacts of your business and what are your opportunities for improvement?
To find out about Lewis Silkin’s ESG initiatives for our people, communities and the environment click here.
- ESG in the balance: will crypto be a vehicle for advancement or will it undermine positive change?
- The future of beauty isn’t recycling – it’s refills
- Diversity in fashion: a moment of change in the industry?
- Transparency isn’t the whole story
- Why SME businesses need to focus on environmental sustainability
- Lewis Silkin's Dispute Resolution team signs the Greener Litigation Pledge
- Is it time to update your data protection clauses?
- Green leases - meeting environmental targets for landlords and tenants
- How to address allegations of discrimination: Karen Baxter and Lucy Hendley write for EG
- Sustainable hotels: can low-impact travel and luxury coexist?
- Racism in real estate? A sector under the spotlight
- National disability strategy launched
- Positive action speaks louder than words - five principles for employers
- Unconscious bias training should never be a tick-box exercise
- When can menopause form the basis for an Employment Tribunal claim?
- Climate emergency, work and employment law
- Green politics and employment law
- Gender pay gap reporting: 9 common mistakes made by employers
- The Environment Bill is back. Get ready for another round of supply chain audits
- CMA gives businesses until the New Year to ensure their green claims are whiter than white
- Resale, Upcycle & Recycle – but Make it Fashion
- Discrimination issues in the use of AI in the workplace - the ICO view
- Styling secondary, how we’ve all fallen for pre-loved
- New duties to prevent sexual harassment – but not yet
The “S” in ESG – gender identity and inclusion31 March 2022
Gender identity is an important developing strand in the area of diversity, and all employers should be considering how to create an inclusive workplace for everyone which respects different identities.
The “S” in ESG – mental health and wellbeing in the workplace17 March 2022
The struggles we have all experienced during the Covid-19 pandemic have brought the importance of mental health and wellbeing into the spotlight.
Comparative Table of employment law developments in Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland03 March 2022
Do you need to stay up to date with employment law developments across Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland? If so, our Comparative Table, prepared in conjunction with Legal Island, will be a handy reference guide.
ESG in the balance: Will crypto be a vehicle for advancement or will it undermine positive change? Part 318 February 2022
G is for Governance: Can the crypto governance conundrum be resolved to realise its potential social and environmental benefits?
Making employment contracts greener and more sustainable18 February 2022
As organisations try to find ways to reduce carbon emissions and adopt more sustainable practices, template employment contracts are probably not the first place you would think to look. But there are ideas and potential benefits for those prepared to consider integrating climate issues into the employment relationship.
ESG in the balance: Will crypto be a vehicle for advancement or will it undermine positive change? Part 217 February 2022
S is for Social: Is crypto only an investment trap for the unwary consumer, and a vehicle for financial crime, or can it facilitate positive societal benefits?
ESG in the balance: Will crypto be a vehicle for advancement or will it undermine positive change? Part 116 February 2022
E is for Environmental: Is it just about the energy usage, or could crypto enable us to ‘build back better’?
Overview of the ESG landscape from a financial services regulatory perspective15 February 2022
ESG is a very hot topic in the financial services sector.