Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Environmental, social and governance issues are currently one of the biggest priorities for all organisations around the world.
We support clients in developing their ideas and enabling a positive change in their environment and communities. We work with our clients to deliver their ESG agendas, understanding their corporate strategy, managing risk and opportunities and maximising possibilities.
Drawing on our experience of working with innovative and creative businesses and some of the world’s largest employers, as well as our own internal ESG experiences, we can help you:
- Enhance your environmental practices, marketing and policies to complement and protect your internal and external brand
- Develop working practices that anticipate and meet people’s evolving and diverse interests, needs and ideas
- Establish and maintain rigorous governance procedures across your business to protect your future
Find out more about how we can help businesses keep up to date with the rapidly evolving legislative ESG space:
- Environmental: What are the environmental impacts of your business and what are your opportunities for improvement?
- Social: How does your business impact people and how do you give back socially?
- Governance: How is your business run?
To read about upcoming ESG - related events, click here.
To find out about Lewis Silkin’s ESG initiatives for our people, communities and the environment click here.
- ESG in the balance: will crypto be a vehicle for advancement or will it undermine positive change?
- The future of beauty isn’t recycling – it’s refills
- Diversity in fashion: a moment of change in the industry?
- Transparency isn’t the whole story
- Why SME businesses need to focus on environmental sustainability
- Lewis Silkin's Dispute Resolution team signs the Greener Litigation Pledge
- Is it time to update your data protection clauses?
- Green leases - meeting environmental targets for landlords and tenants
- How to address allegations of discrimination: Karen Baxter and Lucy Hendley write for EG
- Sustainable hotels: can low-impact travel and luxury coexist?
- Racism in real estate? A sector under the spotlight
- National disability strategy launched
- Positive action speaks louder than words - five principles for employers
- Unconscious bias training should never be a tick-box exercise
- When can menopause form the basis for an Employment Tribunal claim?
- Climate emergency, work and employment law
- Green politics and employment law
- Gender pay gap reporting: 9 common mistakes made by employers
- The Environment Bill is back. Get ready for another round of supply chain audits
- CMA gives businesses until the New Year to ensure their green claims are whiter than white
- Resale, Upcycle & Recycle – but Make it Fashion
- Discrimination issues in the use of AI in the workplace - the ICO view
- Styling secondary, how we’ve all fallen for pre-loved
- New duties to prevent sexual harassment – but not yet
Green Building Certifications03 January 2024
In the current climate, “green” buildings are taking the market by storm. Why? Corporate occupiers are seeking light, airy, green, flexible working spaces to retain, and attract, employees. ESG goals are at the top of most businesses’ agendas and where better than the office to showcase the “E” in ESG.
Commitment and Collaboration - key takeaways from the Smart Building Show 202307 November 2023
Smart tech and smart buildings are now becoming a priority for business leaders and owners, but the current climate challenges require commitment and collaboration. At the recent Smart Buildings show we learnt more on how smart buildings are part of a solution to a complex problem:
Rory Campbell and Conal Scullion report on the proposed EU Packaging Laws for Retail News26 October 2023
The EU published its Revision of the Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive at the end of 2022. In this article, Rory Campbell and Conal Scullion report on the proposed EU laws fighting back against waste packaging and what they mean for Irish retail businesses.
Sustainability and Real Estate Glossary05 October 2023
Sustainability can be a complicated topic. To help demystify it for you, we’ve put together a glossary of key terminology used when discussing sustainability and real estate.
It’s a jungle out there: Biophilic design in the workplace29 September 2023
As the summer draws to an end and we contemplate the darker, winter months ahead cloistered within our workplaces, many might yearn for the connection with nature and the outdoors they’ve enjoyed over their holidays and sunny weekends. Biophilic office design is one way we can achieve a re-connection with nature: a design principle that places nature at its centre and focuses on bringing the outside indoors.
Towards Net Zero in London's Bankside Yards22 September 2023
Overlooking the iconic St Paul's Cathedral and Tate Modern, Lewis Silkin hosted another fantastic ESG focused event “FutuRE Proofing the Office: Journey to Net Zero”. The event, held at the stunning new Lewis Silkin office with its panoramic 360-degree views, brought together Native Land, the Carbon Trust, Lewis Silkin, and a group of invitees from across various business sectors. The purpose? To engage in a conversation about proactive strategies for future-proofing buildings, achieving net-zero emissions, and enhancing landlord’s and tenant’s sustainability credentials.
FutuRE Proofing the Office: Journey to Net Zero19 September 2023
Join us in conversation with Native Land and Carbon Trust to discuss the opportunities and challenges of the real estate journey to net-zero.
Hotels: Clearing the air – green trends in the hotel industry01 September 2023
Fuelled by the climate crisis, green-minded stakeholders are applying ever-increasing pressure on hotel companies to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. This is not surprising given that, according to the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), the carbon emissions generated per room per night in UK hotels are as high as 10.4 kg CO2e.