Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Environmental, social and governance issues are currently one of the biggest priorities for all organisations around the world.
Driven by a collective desire to create a sustainable and responsible world, good ESG practices have increasingly become a key consideration for an organisation’s investors, customers and their people. Furthermore, embedding strong ESG values within a business has shown to have a positive impact on the ability to attract and retain people, further a company’s brand value and increase innovation.
We support clients in developing their ideas and enabling a positive change in their environment and communities. We work with our clients to deliver their ESG agendas, understanding their corporate strategy, managing risk and opportunities and maximising possibilities.
Drawing on our experience of working with innovative and creative businesses and some of the world’s largest employers, as well as our own internal ESG experiences, we can help you:
- Enhance your environmental practices, marketing and policies to complement and protect your internal and external brand
- Develop working practices that anticipate and meet people’s evolving and diverse interests, needs and ideas
- Establish and maintain rigorous governance procedures across your business to protect your future
Find out more about how we can help businesses keep up to date with the rapidly evolving legislative ESG space:
- Environmental: What are the environmental impacts of your business and what are your opportunities for improvement?
- Social: How does your business impact people and how do you give back socially?
- Governance: How is your business run?
To find out about Lewis Silkin’s ESG initiatives for our people, communities and the environment click here.
- ESG in the balance: will crypto be a vehicle for advancement or will it undermine positive change?
- The future of beauty isn’t recycling – it’s refills
- Diversity in fashion: a moment of change in the industry?
- Transparency isn’t the whole story
- Why SME businesses need to focus on environmental sustainability
- Lewis Silkin's Dispute Resolution team signs the Greener Litigation Pledge
- Is it time to update your data protection clauses?
- Green leases - meeting environmental targets for landlords and tenants
- How to address allegations of discrimination: Karen Baxter and Lucy Hendley write for EG
- Sustainable hotels: can low-impact travel and luxury coexist?
- Racism in real estate? A sector under the spotlight
- National disability strategy launched
- Positive action speaks louder than words - five principles for employers
- Unconscious bias training should never be a tick-box exercise
- When can menopause form the basis for an Employment Tribunal claim?
- Climate emergency, work and employment law
- Green politics and employment law
- Gender pay gap reporting: 9 common mistakes made by employers
- The Environment Bill is back. Get ready for another round of supply chain audits
- CMA gives businesses until the New Year to ensure their green claims are whiter than white
- Resale, Upcycle & Recycle – but Make it Fashion
- Discrimination issues in the use of AI in the workplace - the ICO view
- Styling secondary, how we’ve all fallen for pre-loved
- New duties to prevent sexual harassment – but not yet
Mathew Forde comments on EU plans to crackdown on greenwashing for The Times28 March 2023
EU rules are set to rinse away Greenwashing by heavily scrutinising the words used in advertising and marketing to ensure companies back up their claims with data and scientific evidence if they claim to be ‘carbon neutral’ or ‘greener’.
Updated Comparative Table of employment law developments in Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland10 November 2022
Do you need to stay up to date with current and proposed employment law developments across Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland? If so, our updated Comparative Table, prepared in conjunction with Legal Island, will be a handy reference guide.
Proptech – once a trend, now a necessity10 November 2022
The real estate sector has, for a long time, been reluctant to embrace technology. While the rise of property tech start-ups did go some way to open people’s eyes to the possibilities and fuel their imagination, it took something as monumental as a global pandemic to force many, who work within the sector, to move away from traditional (and often outdated) working practices into a more modern way of thinking and working.
Climate change action against directors dismissed07 June 2022
In one of the first cases of its kind, the High Court has dismissed an application to bring a claim for breach of duty against directors who, it was said, had failed to create a credible plan for disinvestment from fossil fuels.
HR and ESG due diligence in M&A: what are the current trends?26 May 2022
2022 is shaping up to be another supercharged year for M&A deals. This article explores how the people aspects of due diligence are evolving in the UK and elsewhere in Europe, alongside the trend towards greater sustainability and focus on ESG issues.
The Sustainability and Net Zero Challenge – The Great Office Occupier & Developer Debate11 May 2022
The lockdown months saw a huge reduction in the operational carbon footprints from commercial workplace premises. The lack of the daily commute for millions of workers also contributed to improvements in urban air quality and energy consumption.
The “S” in ESG – gender identity and inclusion30 March 2022
Gender identity is an important developing strand in the area of diversity, and all employers should be considering how to create an inclusive workplace for everyone which respects different identities.
The “S” in ESG – mental health and wellbeing in the workplace17 March 2022
The struggles we have all experienced during the Covid-19 pandemic have brought the importance of mental health and wellbeing into the spotlight.