Public and Administrative Law in N. Ireland
Public sector employment often raises issues under national collective agreements and detailed handbooks of policies and procedures.
We are familiar with Northern Ireland Civil Service terms and conditions and collective agreements such as Agenda for Change and Single Status. In addition, we advise regularly on Freedom of Information Act requests and section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act duties. Charities and their directors must comply with their obligations under the Charities Act.
We can help with:
- Advising public authorities on their statutory duties and obligations in Northern Ireland
- Advising on overlapping Judicial Review and injunction issues for public authorities in Northern Ireland
- Advising on MPMNI and the role of the Accounting Officer in Northern Ireland
- Advising on governance issues
- Advising on change management processes
- Analysing equality data in indirect discrimination matters and advising on justifications
- Advising on governance issues for charities
- Advising on compliance with the Charities Act in Northern Ireland
What’s happening in employment law in Northern Ireland in 2023?04 January 2023
With the continuing lack of a functioning Executive and Assembly in Northern Ireland, employment law remains more or less in stalemate. That said, the active post-Brexit reform agenda impacts Northern Ireland and the decision in an important holiday pay case is expected. Here’s our annual round-up of what to expect.
What might the Brexit Freedoms Bill mean for employment law in Northern Ireland?01 November 2022
A major shake-up of Northern Irish employment legislation is on the cards, complicated by there being no functioning Northern Ireland Executive, or Assembly in Northern Ireland.
Paid parental bereavement leave introduced in Northern Ireland04 April 2022
The Northern Ireland Assembly has finalised the legislation implementing an entitlement to two weeks' paid bereavement leave for working parents who lose a child under the age of 18. The new right will come into force with effect from 6 April 2022.