Online Immigration Law Academy: 25 and 26 January 2021
- 26 January 2021
- Monday 25th January (2pm to 4pm) and Tuesday 26th January (10am to 12.30 pm)
- Online (details to join will be circulated in advance of the sessions)
- Entry: £295 +VAT per person (for both sessions)
Submit your details to request event materials
With the end of free movement and the roll-out of the new Points-Based Immigration System from 1 December 2020, it is important that HR teams feel prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. With so much change on the horizon, training on the new system is vitally important and our popular Immigration Law Academy is designed with this purpose in mind. To meet demand following our sold-out November academy, we have added a new date in January 2021. This will be delivered online via Webex as a set of two sessions.
Our January academy is fully booked. Please click here for information on registering for our next academy which will take place on 8 and 9 March 2021. We will be in touch with details to register for the academy in due course.
Designed for junior and mid-level HR professionals, the course will cover the key immigration law topics that affect HR. This includes the new Points-Based Immigration System, an overview of the Skilled Worker Visa, Intra-Company routes and sponsorship, Brexit and prevention of illegal working, as well as ensuring you are up to speed on the Home Office’s COVID-19 immigration guidance as relevant. The academy is also a useful tool to upskill members of the team who are involved in visa work.
Delivered in a practical and engaging way by lawyers from our immigration team, our courses use real-life examples and case studies to really bring the issues to life. Our sessions will be as interactive as ever (even online) and you will be able to ask the questions you want of our experts.
Please note, we will be running the Academy as two separate 2 hour sessions on 25 January from 2pm to 4pm and 26 January from 10am to 12.30pm, to make it suitable for a home working environment.
- Overview of immigration categories that allow working
- Points based Immigration system (PBIS) and sponsorship
- Deep dive into the new Skilled Worker and Intra-Company routes
- Overview of changes to the arrangements for sponsor licence holders
- Guidance on how to deal with the immigration implications of COVID-19 for sponsors and applicants
- Advice on how to carry out right to work checks including online right to work checks
- A review of EU Settlement Scheme for EU nationals