I advise on all mainstream aspects of commercial property, with a particular focus on investment work and landlord and tenant matters, though I have also acted on a range of development projects, from small works in retail units to large developments of vacant land.
Having grown up in Manchester, studied in Oxford and qualified in London, I have now settled in Cardiff with my Welsh husband. A lifelong Manchester United fan, I enjoy watching football but have also been converted to rugby since meeting my husband and thoroughly enjoyed our trip to New Zealand for the 2011 World Cup. When not working or watching sport of some kind, I enjoy going to the theatre and the cinema, painting cartoons and socialising with friends and family.
I specialise in commercial property and advise investors, landlords and tenants on all sorts of property transactions. This includes advising investors on acquisitions and disposals of properties ranging from single-let office blocks to multi-let shopping centres, advising landlords on lettings and property management matters and tenants on office and retail lettings, drawing up detailed and effective heads of terms, negotiating documents and handling all completion and post-completion matters. Notable transactions include:
- a lease of key retail space in London for a high-performance sports clothing and equipment provider
- a lease of office premises as the UK headquarters for a global IT consultancy practice
- the purchase of a £39 million multi-let shopping centre in Hampshire for a specialist UK property investor
Real Estate Finance
Alongside my commercial property work I also work regularly within the real estate finance arena, acting for both lenders and borrowers on development finance and refinancing projects, undertaking detailed due diligence and producing certificates of title. I have dealt with more than 30 development finance transactions for a listed leading alternative bank and, alongside my corporate finance colleagues, I have also acted for a borrower on the £11.25m refinancing of a property in West London, involving both senior and mezzanine debt from a German bank and a Luxembourg-based debt fund manager.
Advertising & Marketing
I am a member of Lewis Silkin’s Advertising & Marketing sector focus group. I understand the key priorities for entities operating within this sector, from small start-up companies and partnerships requiring short term desk space to large global corporate occupiers with significant real estate portfolios and complex corporate structures.
Notable transactions include:
- the negotiation of a lease for a leading brands and packaging design agency on the relocation of its UK office headquarters in London
- the drafting of a bespoke desk space licence for repeated use by a marketing agency
- property due diligence and reporting on a number of corporate acquisitions for a leading integrated communications agency
- the negotiation of a renewal lease for a global advertising agency of its UK office headquarters in London
Media & Entertainment
I am a member of Lewis Silkin’s Media & Entertainment sector focus group. I have experience in advising entities within this sector on property matters and have strong links with colleagues across the firm specialising in media and entertainment law. I have recently acted on the negotiation of a lease of office premises, including studio space, for a leading international producer of lifestyle, music and reality television programming.