I advise on all areas of employment law.
I work mainly with employer clients but I also regularly advise senior individuals on negotiating exit packages and contract terms. A typical day in the office is likely to include advice on many and varied employment law topics:
- defending employment tribunal claims
- managing exits including settlement agreement proposals and terms
- obligations regarding disabled employees
- undertaking capability processes
- performance management issues
- dealing with employee disputes and employee relations matters (including disciplinary and grievance procedures)
- implementing individual and collective redundancy proposals
- developing employee law policies
I work with clients in many other sectors e.g. retail, technology, service industries, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing. I have undertaken two secondments as in-house employment counsel for a luxury car manufacturer.
I have a particular expertise in defending employment tribunal claims including complex discrimination claims. I advise on the practical conduct of TUPE transfers (as transferor and transferee) and drafting protective TUPE provisions in service provision contracts and sale and purchase agreements. I help employers manage senior performance issues providing advice about how to manage exits as amicably and painlessly as possible for all parties. I also deliver training on all aspects of employment law including disability discrimination, managing sickness absence and dealing with mental health issues at work.
Retail, Leisure & Hospitality
For many years I have been principal employment law adviser to a company which operates chains of restaurants across the UK. My work with them includes: defending employment tribunal claims; developing policies and procedures; drafting contractual documentation; advising on senior employee terminations; and advising on TUPE transfers when taking on or closing restaurants or concession units.