I specialise in defending employment tribunal claims.
I work with employer clients, principally on defending employment tribunal claims and advising on tricky employee relations issues and helping employers manage senior performance issues and advice about how to manage exits as amicably and painlessly as possible for all parties.
A typical day in the office is likely to include advice on many and varied employment law topics:
- defending employment tribunal claims
- managing exits, including settlement agreement proposals and terms
- obligations regarding disabled employees
- undertaking capability processes
- performance management issues
- dealing with employee disputes and employee relations matters (including disciplinary and grievance procedures)
- implementing individual and collective redundancy proposals
- developing employee law policies
I work with clients in many sectors including retail, technology, service industries, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing. I have undertaken two secondments as in-house employment counsel for a luxury car manufacturer as well as within a global consultancy firm and a bank.