I am a Managing Associate in the Employment, Immigration and Reward team. I recently joined Lewis Silkin after having spent 12 years working in-house for a large multi-national media company.
I pride myself on forming strong relationships with my clients and working with them as a business partner. Having worked extensively in-house, I understand the importance of being able to balance legal risk with a business’ goals, and I work closely with my clients to provide clear and practical commercial and strategic advice. I’m a believer in dealing with issues at an early stage before they escalate and I’m always happy to talk through an issue with a client however small it may seem.
I advise on the full range of employment law issues and have extensive EMEA experience. I have worked across various media business areas and, in particular, have extensive experience in Games and TV Production. My particular expertise includes managing large-scale, cross-border restructurings; navigating complex disciplinary issues and grievances; advising on dismissals, including sensitive senior exits; advising on matters which could be of great public interest and have high business reputational risks; and conducting and managing workplace investigations.
Some examples of my work include:
- advising on the employment related issues arising on the acquisition of a Games company and later the sale of the company for $1.4 billion to another multi-national Games company;
- advising on changes to policies and business processes following high profile movements such as #metoo and #BlackLivesMatter;
- advising on several large scale, cross-border restructures, including carrying out collective consultations in several EMEA territories, TUPE consultations, dealing with social plans, and Collective Bargaining and Works Council issues;
- advising on the termination of an employee’s contract on SOSR grounds against the backdrop of them being prolific on social media, having various protected characteristics, severe mental health issues, and having raised several grievances against various colleagues over an eighteen-month period;
- following several internal mergers, advising on cross-border policy and contract harmonisation; and
- carrying out an investigation into an allegation of sexual harassment made by a high-profile external individual against a senior executive, and advising on the action required following the conclusion of the investigation.