I am a Legal Director in the Employment, Immigration and Reward division.
My experience includes the following:
- High Court litigation – advising and working with employees and employers on potential injunctions and/or damages claims for breach of post termination restrictions and/or misuse of confidential information
- equal pay – experience of defending multiple claimant equal pay claims in the High Court
- multi-jurisdictional work – significant experience of coordinating large multi-jurisdictional advice projects for clients (including on pay and benefits, changes to terms and conditions and potential redundancy scenarios), particularly in the professional services sector
- advising on collective redundancies – over the course of my career I have advised on a number of collective redundancies for a variety of clients, providing hands on support at every stage of the process
- ill health issues – I have particular experience advising on disability and ill health issues in the workplace, including navigating tricky issues relating to permanent health insurance
I am a member of the firm’s specialist Professional Services Group which provides a broad range of services to our clients in this area. A large proportion of my clients are from the professional services sector, including management consultancies and a number of law firm clients. Over the years, I have developed a depth of knowledge of this sector and the employment issues relevant to it, enhanced by secondment experience at the offices of clients. I am well used to dealing with some of the issues that can arise in this sector, including senior disputes and exits, high value discrimination issues and complex redundancy scenarios.
As a member of our Investigations and Regulatory group, I regularly carry out investigations for clients in addition to my advisory work. I have undertaken several investigations for law firms with a particular focus on bullying and harassment and sex discrimination and have been involved in a culture change project for a large retailer.