A&M Event Series: Interactive entertainment for creatives: Legal top tips when developing a game for your client
- 06 February 2024
- 4pm - 5pm
- Lewis Silkin, Arbor, 255 Blackfriars Road, SE1 9AX
More and more brands are using interactive entertainment to engage with their audiences, especially younger ones. These projects can range from a web-browser game accessed through a QR code to a branded Roblox experience to a full-blown brand-sponsored advergame on the App Store.
In this seminar, we will consider:
- Where are the common contractual pitfalls to watch for when subcontracting the development work to a video game developer?
- Where are the key IP risks, perhaps if the brand wants to include some real-world people, buildings or objects?
- What are the main compliance risks to look out for with risks like consumer law challenges to any monetisation strategy, data privacy collection, specific advertising regulations and gambling risks from loot box mechanics?
- What are the legal and practical steps to mitigate these risks?
Nick Allan, a Partner and our Head of Interactive Entertainment, is here to help and give you a whistlestop tour of all the key issues.