Payment issues for Construction Professional Practices
- 21 May 2019
- 9.00am until 10.30am (breakfast and registration from 8.30am)
- Lewis Silkin LLP, 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
Can I claim additional fees if the construction costs increase? What if the project takes a lot longer than I thought? My fees are overdue – can I suspend my services?
Over the years we’ve answered lots of queries from clients around getting paid. These seem to be on the increase, throwing up some common themes and, in some cases, misconceptions. Clearly it’s always better to get everything right in the first place. However, it’s also useful to understand your options in case something goes wrong, and the precautions you might want to take before exercising those options.
We will explore:
- The payment process under construction contracts and what that means for you
- Documenting your fees, and how they are adjusted, correctly in the first place
- What you should, or could, do if you are not paid
This session is aimed at mid/ senior level professionals in professional services practices such as architects, engineers, project managers and quantity surveyors, working under construction contracts.
If you have any queries, or a colleague who would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a partner in the real estate team and head up our construction practice.
- +44 (0)20 7074 8095
I am a specialist construction solicitor providing both dispute resolution and contract drafting advice.
- +44 (0)20 7074 8218