Termination - Common Issues and Practical Tips
- 30 January 2018
- 9.15am until 10.30am (registration & breakfast from 8.45am)
- 5 Chancery Lane, London, EC4A 1BL
- Entry: Free
Submit your details to request event materials
As always, contract termination is a topic of practical importance and a potential minefield for the unwary. Technology companies and those responsible for legal issues internally must ensure they remain on top of relevant legal issues and minimise risk wherever possible.
This talk will consider some common themes that occur when technology contracts are terminated and also explores appropriate risk management strategies.
Common themes and practical tips including:
- How do I know whether there has been a repudiatory breach?
- Late performance and when it can lead to termination
- Termination for “any breach”, “material breach” or “substantial breach”
- Making time of the essence – benefits and risks
- Sales pitches, misrepresentation and disappointed customers
I am a partner in the Dispute Resolution team. My practice focuses on domestic and cross-border litigation and dispute resolution.
- +44 (0)20 7074 8160