I have been a member of Lewis Silkin’s Real Estate practice group for over 10 years.
My practice is diverse. I have transactional experience in all aspects of commercial real estate including investment acquisitions and disposals (including portfolio transactions), acquisition finance and refinancing, development work and landlord and tenant work, acting for both tenants and landlords. I also provide real estate support for corporate transactions.
I am Co-Head of the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sector group. I deal with all asset types including retail, leisure, office and mixed-use schemes and in particular the high-value central London office and retail market. I act for a broad spectrum of clients ranging from banks to private investors, developers to corporate occupiers from across the different sectors.
My experience includes:
- Landlord and Tenant - I advise landlords and tenants in equal measures in relation to new lettings (including pre-letting agreements), lease renewals, lease re-gearing and day-to-day property management issues
- Real Estate Investment - I have extensive experience of acting on property investment acquisitions (including acquisition finance), refinance, management and disposals. I also advise on managing property portfolios for clients including leveraging assets to increase value and reducing costs for the client. I work closely with colleagues from the corporate practice group where the transaction involves the buying or selling of an SPV, as opposed to the property itself
- Real Estate Development - Throughout my career, I have been involved in various development projects up and down the country. My development work to date has primarily involved high-end mixed-use schemes, advising developers at various stages, from site acquisition to pre-let agreements
- Real Estate Insolvency - I have advised a variety of insolvency practitioners liquidating real estate assets. Examples of my work include advising and assisting insolvency practitioners as LPA receivers in the disposal of two multi-let London properties owned by a company also in liquidation
Retail, Hospitality & Leisure
I am Co-Head of the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sector focus group. Over the years, I have acquired significant experience of advising clients in the retail and leisure sectors. I act for a broad spectrum of clients in this sector including developers, investors, managers and owners. Below are some recent examples of my work in this sector:
- advising a large national restaurant chain on its property acquisitions and estate management
- acting for a luxury fashion retailer and manufacturer over many years in relation to its UK property portfolio including the expansion and major refurbishment of its Bond Street flagship premises and lease restructuring
- acting for one of the world’s leading international auctioneers in relation to their UK property portfolio
- acting for the developer of Islington Square (a 4.5 acre development to create a mixed residential, shopping and leisure district) in connection with pre-letting the retail and restaurant units