Lewis Silkin's trainee information.
Why choose Lewis Silkin?
- “From the outset we want our trainees to be wholly involved and integrated – we want them to interact with clients, undertake interesting work, build their own profile and pipeline, contribute to the firm’s culture and strategy, and socialise with their colleagues.” Shalina Crossley, Training Principal
- At Lewis Silkin our ethos is simple. We strive to do the best for our clients, our people and the communities in which we operate. We recognise our trainees as the future of our firm and therefore invest heavily in offering comprehensive training and expert supervision. From the moment you join us, you will be actively involved in Lewis Silkin life. Not only will you be given hands-on training plus interesting, challenging and varied work, you will also be getting early responsibility, a chance to work with some of our big-name clients and most importantly, made to feel a key member of the team.
- Our training programme offers you:
- Experience: A four-seat training contract across our two business divisions: Creators, Makers and Innovators (CMI) and Employment, Immigration and Reward (EIR), sitting alongside experts in their field.
- Support: Dedicated support throughout your training contract including a seat supervisor who will support your development through your seat, two buddies (trainee and senior) who will be able to answer any queries you have and a committed training principal who will monitor your progress throughout your training contract.
- Culture: Our small trainee intake allows us to action our ethos – to support and do the best for our employees as individuals. It also means you receive responsibility from the word “go”, being exposed to fast-paced challenging work within a supportive and friendly environment.
- Reward package:
- So, what do you stand to gain? Friends, invaluable experiences, skills and a great start to your career as a solicitor.
For more details of trainee recruitment, get in touch with our Graduate Recruitment team.